Exercise: "What I Accomplished on my Summer Vacation"
Make a list of things (aim for ten or more) that you have accomplished this summer. Did you build or fly a kite? Go swimming? Go to a theme park? When finished with the list, put a few notes behind each of those topics. Keep this in your note book or bulletin board where you can easily access it. This will be a list of things to write about later if you need a create boost.
1. Adventureland: Lots of rain, courage, sense of accomplishment.
2. Swimming: Friends, cool water, hot cement
3. Public transportation: Cold air, quiet hum, talking to strangers
4. Grilling: Smoke, sizzle, relaxing
5. Moving: Space, settled
6. Garage Sales: Seeking, fun, relaxing, good deals
7. Writer's Group: Taking the lead, standing up, good ideas
8. Birthday: Friendship, telemundo, hilarious
9. Bike riding: Fun, relaxing, quiet mornings, childhood memories
10. Being Outside: New bench, peaceful, surrounded by trees, temple-like